"Ne vous étonnez pas, vous n’aurez que la peur."
Honorat de Bueil de Racan,
Bergeries, II, 4, Polistène (1619)
"Peur" has been conceived as an album with an emotional coherence.
To be accurate, the feeling of fear (peur) is a primary human sensation caused by an actual or speculative danger. Musically,
this proximity with a danger occurs through an ongoing tension
– a tension expressible via a considerable variety of forms. To make this particular tension both tangible and familiar, it was necessary to incorporate external sound materials into the overall synthetic texture, especially fragments of human voices, whispers and hums. The most important was to settle the doubt.
Then if the fear is not exclusively a human reaction, only humans seem to believe that they could potentially predict and reason it. This album is precisely built on this belief: fear in its whole complexity can be represented in introspective musical shapes.
Gohan's album "Peur" (Peur Bleue Records / PB001) from Peur Bleue on Vimeo.
We are pleased to announce the first release of Peur Bleue Records today. This is Gohan's album called "Peur". Thank you all for you support and do spread the word!
You can listen and download the album on http://gohan.bandcamp.com/
Third mix from our dear fella Soundscriber. Both majestic and punishing piece, as usual. We are extremely honored to receive this gift to celebrate the forthcoming launch of our label, Peur Bleue Records. Stand by and listen. This is atemporal.
"OK! Detroit, birthplace of this so called techno. So many things to say about it, lots of explanations have been given - such as the famous "Kraftwerk meet George Clinton in an elevator". To me "detroit techno" is more about a feeling than a genre or a predeterminated place where things happen. I tried to explain/show what this feeling is about through this mix... Can a feeling be described? Few authors have (perhaps) succeeded, but I'm not a writer and -between you and me - explaining by words something I intended to express in this mix is a bit pointless... I always perceived music as a timeless art. Ok there are periods you can rely on, but when it's good it goes through the years without any wrinkles.
It's been a while I didn't post something on Peur Bleue, this mix was on my mind from a long time. I believe this is the right time to do it and that fits with the Peur Bleue's scope of interest (melodic, minimalist, epic... atemporal!)."
01. Keith Tucker - Face Your Fate (Acapella)
02. John Thomas- No past
03. Marco Bernardi- Emitionle Part 1
04. Baby Ford & Eon- Dead Eye
05. Ultramarine - Hooter (Carl Craig Remix)
06. Rhythim Is Rhythim - Kaos
07. B12 - Obsessed
08. Dark Energy - The Warning
09. UR - Beauty Of Decay
10. Infiniti - Techno Por Favor
11. Joey Beltram - Orion
12. Common Factor - Exploration Meaning
13. Melody Boy 2000 - Sound Stealer
14. Luke Hess - Leads To Life
15. Drexciya - Lost Vessel
16. Inner City - Pennies From Heaven (Reese Dream A Lot Mix)
17. Robert Hood - Rhythm
18. Sebastian San- Wuxia
19. Slam - Dark Forces
20. Octave One- I Believe
21. Dj Bone - Music
22. Tribeka - Trance